story fam

story fam

Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 4-back to the store

Today was make up day-as in I needed to make up for the grocery items I forgot over the weekend.  I went to Wal-Mart and spent $24.49 on 3 sweet potatoes, romaine lettuce, bananas, a cucumber, baby carrots, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, whole wheat rotini, whole wheat shells, dates, and simply peanut butter.

I also went to Naturally Your's and spent $12.49 on 2 packages of corn tortillas ($8.18) and brown rice tortillas ($4.19).  So right now I am around the $200 mark for the week which is typical for me. 

Meals for today:

Breakfast - Applesauce muffins, fruit   (the kids woke up close to 10am, so this was like a snack before lunch)

Lunch - Left over grilled chicken, salad, veggies, apples

Dinner - HUGE HIT!!!!!!!!  Pork Carnitas Taco's (recipe at 100daysofrealfood.com) , black beans, brown rice, avocado, blueberries, corn tortillas

**This was an easy (and SUPER yummy) dinner that made enough for a second meal tomorrow!!  You take pork (I chose pork loin) and rub the meat with a combo of cumin, salt, pepper, and I used a teeny bit of onion powder.  Throw it in a crock pot.  Add 3 or 4 cloves of garlic.  Cook for 6-8 hours.  Drain juice, throw away garlic and shred.  Serve with sour cream and fresh cilantro (mine came directly from my garden).  The pork has a good taste-not too strong-that the kids loved!!  The corn tortillas were so good!!  The kids were hesitant to try them because they looked authentic, but once they tasted them it was love at first bite:)  We are using the left over pork tomorrow night for dinner with brown rice tortilla wraps. 

Yummy!!!!!

No comments: