story fam

story fam

Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 11 - Time to shop

I've made my grocery list and I've checked it twice!!!  My goal is to shop once today and not return to the store unless ABSOLUTELY necessary until the weekend!!  My Mom is coming to stay with the kids on Thursday and has GRACIOUSLY agreed to help me stay on our revolution (thanks Mom) while she is here.  I chose simple meals this week and will repeat a few-I'm hoping this will save some grocery money and make the kiddo's happy.

Monday:
  • Breakfast - smoothies, toast, fruit
  • Lunch - Sandwiches, veggies, fruit
  • Dinner - whole wheat pasta, red sauce with meat
Tuesday:
  • Breakfast - scrambled eggs and turkey bacon (it's gross, but I need to use it up!!)
  • Lunch - left over pasta
  • Dinner - Taco Tuesday (corn tortilla's, beef, re fried beans, etc.)
Wednesday:
  • Breakfast - pumpkin muffins (double batch to save for weekend) and hard boiled eggs
  • Lunch - left over taco's
  • Dinner - whole wheat mac and cheese (100days recipe)
Thursday:
  • Breakfast - pancakes (double batch to save for weekend)
  • Lunch - left over mac and cheese, veggies
  • Dinner (Grandma's here) - Breakfast night-scrambled eggs, regular bacon, toast
Friday (Grandma is here):
  • Breakfast - Smoothies, fruit, hard boiled eggs, left over pumpkin muffins
  • Lunch - Sandwiches, veggies, fruit
  • Dinner - Grilled cheese, veggies, fruit
Saturday (Grandma is still hanging in there):
  • Breakfast - leftover pancakes, fruit
  • Lunch - Sandwiches, veggies, fruit
  • Dinner - Cookout at Uncle Tim and Aunt Christine's house
Sunday-HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!
  • Breakfast - Smoothies, toast, ???
  • Lunch - Shop from the fridge
  • Dinner - Grilling out

Snack offerings this week will include:  apples with peanut butter, frozen banana's with cocoa powder (thank you Mrs. Pals!!), air popped popcorn, smoothie-cicles, and fruit kabobs.

After shopping, I will share the damage done to the grocery envelope.

Post shopping note:

I visited Sam's and spent $27 on cheese slices, eggs, 4 lbs of hamburger, and one gallon of 1% milk.  I then went to WalMart and spent approximately $58 on items ranging from sour cream, to dried dill and basil, whole wheat pasta and hopefully enough food to last us this week!!!  I did also buy cocoa powder for an easy recipe (thank you again Mrs. Pals!!) that we are going to try this afternoon.

1 comment:

danipals said...

You are going to love the "ice cream!" I came across some other snack ideas we are trying this week. Blueberries dipped in yogurt and frozen, banana slices dipped in chocolate and frozen on a toothpick.