story fam

story fam

Friday, January 16, 2009

Day 3 at home

So we are on day 3 of no school. The kids are doing remarkably well!! After only being back in the groove for a week (after holiday vacation) they really welcomed this time at home. I do think that they enjoy the downtime. Aside from a few moments that I won't go into, they have all been very nice to one another (bribing them with the Wii could contribute to this sense of brotherly/sisterly love).

The temperatures are still hovering around -25 degrees with the wind chill and even Henry looks at me like I'm crazy when I try to take him out! Today we are spending our morning upstairs-the kids are taking turns taking long baths-a real treat!!

I took my next Flybaby step and started to work on the weekly zone. This week is the bathroom and one other room. To start, the Flylady says that there is no cleaning-just decluttering for 15 minutes until the junk is gone. Yesterday I decluttered the "duck" bathroom and will then move on to the girls' bathroom. I need to clean out under the sink. Of course the bathroom downstairs is also in need of decluttering so that will be on the agenda as well. The great thing is that I can do anything for 15 minutes (the length of time spent decluttering in the zone area). I am also happy to report that both my desk and the counter by the fridge are still clean-hooray for me!! And I also cleaned out the hall closet that we repurposed into a pantry area. I purged old crayons, markers, coloring books that were full, old paints, dried up glue, crumpled up paper goods-they are all gone!!

After lunch we are going to have quiet time courtesy of the Disney Channel and maybe make a cake for dessert tonight??

It is nice to just be at home.

No comments: