story fam

story fam

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Kiss

Shhh....don't tell my husband!! I get a kiss every morning and it isn't from him. What?, you ask!! Yep, it's true. Wanna know who it's from? The beautiful little boy that sits in front of my son on the bus.

How did this all come about? Well each morning I walk Michael out to the bus. He gets on and I stand at the end of the drive way. My wave caught on and now each child on the bus waves at me-that gave me a warm fuzzy!!! Then as the bus pulls away I blow Mike an exaggerated kiss farewell. Over time I began to notice that the little guy in front of Michael was kissing the window and so I started to blow 2 kisses. One to my son and one to my sweetie that sits in front of him. For the past 2 weeks that lovely little boy has been smiling at me when I walk to the bus and will lift his hand to his mouth and mimic my motions..the kiss. I cherish those smiles and those kisses as if they were from my own son. Why you ask? Because the little boy that sits in that seat in front of my son is profoundly handicapped and it takes great effort for him to make that little motion that we all take for granted.

Today the sun was shining, my son kissed me on the cheek before he got on the bus, my peeps waved at me, my son blew me a kiss as did my sweetie.

I have come to rely on those little air kisses to set the tone for my days-some of which are very long. Before the end of the year, I am going to get on that bus (not allowed by district policy...hmmm..I am a born rule breaker) and give my sweetie a smackeroo on the cheek..yep, I certainly will do that!!

Finding the beauty in the little things is what our days here on Earth are all about. I hope you get a smoochie from someone you love today!!

1 comment:

Kristen@nosmallthing said...

This is just the nicest story. Thank you for sharing!!! People like you are such a blessing...