story fam

story fam

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Michael's Smoothie Success

Here is a smoothie recipe courtesy of my own resident chef, Michael.  It is really easy and good.  Please note that due to the oatmeal, it does have a different texture.  He found it because it is dairy free and right now I cannot have dairy-such a sweetie!!!

Michael's Spring Smoothie

1 cup frozen strawberries (or any other frozen fruit-the second round I used frozen bananas)
1 cup orange juice
2/3 cup Quaker Oats (uncooked or cooked-I used uncooked)
2/3 tsp ginger or 3/4 tsp nutmeg (I used ginger and it was good)

Directions - Combine all ingrediants in a blender and blend until smooth.  Pour in a glass and enjoy.

*Helpful tip* - the longer you pulse the blender the smoother the oatmeal becomes.  The first round of smoothies were a bit chunkier which I didn't mind.  For the second round I used some fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, frozen bananas, and a little less oatmeal.  I blended it longer and it tasted a bit, well smoother.

No comments: