story fam

story fam

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Breakfast Revolution-week 2

This week I am able to shop largely from my pantry!!  I have a lot of items ready to be used.  I am also "pantry" shopping for dinner this week as well, so we can start from ground zero next week as we will be adding in a Dinner Revolution as well.

Special Note:  Yesterday for breakfast we had THE BEST french toast!!  Derek ( a.k.a French Toast Master) eliminated brown sugar from his special mix and there was literally NO difference in taste so this delicious meal was LEGIT!!  We used Great Harvest Bread, the egg/vanilla mix, and 100% maple syrup (oh yes, I was stingy with this liquid gold!!).  EVERYONE (yes even my Warrior girl) LOVED this breakfast!!!!!

  • Monday:         Whole wheat banana bread, fruit, yogurt
  • Tuesday:         Whole wheat blueberry muffins, fruit  (I will use the whole wheat muffin recipe from last week and use the blueberries as the add in.  I have frozen berries to use up.)
  • Wednesday:    Whole wheat waffles
  • Thursday:        PBJ smoothies and whole wheat biscuits
  • Friday:            Scrambled eggs, toast
  • Saturday:        Baked french toast (this is made on Friday night and sits overnight in the fridge)
  • Sunday:          Any left over item from the week and/or fruit smoothies
You can find the recipes for Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday at http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/ under the breakfast tab.  If you are interested in the baked french toast recipe, please let me know and I can post it.

If you have any healthy snack ideas that you would be willing to share, PLEASE feel free!!!!!  I have found some great suggestions on pinterest and at the 100 days site, but I wonder if any one has any easy, yummy "go to's" that they use frequently. 

So as things stand right now, Tuesday May 15th begins the Dinner Revolution (which I probably won't really announce as I will just tweak a lot of what I make right now) and I am going to start on snack items as we speak.  I'm not sure why the snack thing is such a roadblock for me??  Just being honest-I really struggle when the kids get home and "MOM WE ARE STARRRRRRRRRVING" hits.  It has always been our routine to have a snack basket that is filled and they pull from.  The basket has items ranging from Nature Valley granola bars to my beloved Goldfish crackers.  Those will both be going bye bye.  Sigh. 

One more quick note.  Great Harvest (thank you for this tip Christine) sells their whole wheat flour (in our local store) for $1 per pound.  You can get as much, or little, as you want.  The HONEY WHEAT is allowed on the "real" food plan as it has 5 ingredients:  whole wheat flour, honey, yeast, salt, and water.  Is is very good and very filling!!!!  I made a few notes about other items they sell and have lost it-hopefully I can find it at some point-but I know I will be going back in later on in the week for more bread.

Tomorrow I will be starting a "mini-lution" for the week.  I'll post that later tonight.  If you want to join me, I'd love it!!!!!!

No comments: