story fam

story fam

Friday, August 22, 2008

Play Play

I have 3 words for you....Dora...Talking...House-if you don't have small children this will mean nothing to you. The Dora Talking House is currently Emmy's favorite things to play with. It is a doll house that opens up and came with Dora, Boots, Swiper, and the rest of the gang. Yes it does make noise and no I do not like to "play play" which is Emmy's code for "come play with me." Bring on the games, craft projects, or Barbies!! But that doll house drives me crazy. Yesterday I played for 25 minutes and am still recovering. It's hard when you only get to be a talking money or a fox that makes noises. I would settle for being the baby brother or even Tico the Squirrel (he gets to talk) but I am only given the animals. Right now she is "play playing" and I am trying to be quiet so she will not beckon me to her room. No diversion works-when she is in the Dora zone there is no redirection for her.
As Swiper would say, "Oh man!" Emmy has figured out that she is playing by herself. She is calling (yelling) for me. I'm going in.....

No comments: