story fam

story fam

Monday, August 18, 2008

First day of School




Today was a big day at the Story house!! Peris and Ella went with Daddy this morning for their first big day at school! They were so excited-and SO cute!! Fiona and Emmy each had an open house that Derek and I attended. So are you wondering if I cried? Yes, I did get teary eyed in the preschool. It is just so hard to acknowledge that these beautiful little children are growing up. I think I have just started to understand how little time we really have with our children before they are out in the "real" world. It has never been clearer to me than today-I am so greatful to have had this time at home. There is no job out there that would reward me as much as being a Mom. Even though we stay at home Mom's tend to feel under appreciated and overworked, the benefits we reap are far greater than those people who work at "The Farm" or other big companies. I don't cling to the worldly notion that says I have to "do it all" to be someone. I am happy to focus on my little corner of the world while I have the chance.
This is the year to volunteer! I haven't had the opportunity to do that as much as I have wanted. I intend to get in and help in each classroom every month so I can meet the teachers and other parents.
I need a diet coke while I let this all sink in-plus I have homework to do for Mrs. Irvin. Here is to a fabulous school year!

No comments: