story fam

story fam

Monday, January 23, 2012

Menu Monday-January 23


Well last week worked out so nicely that I thought I would try again. Now this week wasn't as easy because I was out of town at a dance competition and had to make my meal plan on the fly. Again my goal was to use as much food from my pantry as possible. Here is what I came up with:

Monday:

Chicken tenders
green beans
fresh cantaloupe

All of these items were already in the house-whoopee!!

Tuesday:

Taco Tuesday
Shells*
2 lbs ground beef*
fiesta blend cheese*
sour cream*
black beans
soft shell tortillas*

*-items that had to be purchased; this is (approximately) a $12 meal for the 7 of us

Wednesday:

Spaghetti
Bread
Green beans
fresh pineapple

all meal items were here

Thursday:

"gondola" sandwiches*
Gondola sweet bread
assorted lunch meats/cheese
chips
fresh fruit

*will have to buy bread-3 loaves $7

Friday:

Frozen pizza*
cold carrots with dip*

Saturday:

Left overs


Sunday:
Small group
-we are the dessert so I will be making a coffee cake or cupcakes with boxed mix that I have

Our grocery bill for the week was $78. Not bad for a family of 7!!! I just know I could slash it even further if I could just get rid of convenience items for lunches!! I spend so much money on chips (baked), fruit snacks, etc. I wish I was diligent about buying more fruits and veggies!!

1 comment:

Milady said...

Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com