story fam

story fam

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pantry Challenge



Well I have decided to jump on the pantry challenge bandwagon that I repinned on Pinterest. We seem to be accumulating more and more canned food, boxes of pasta, and random packets of taco sauce here at chez Story. I'm not sure if it is because I am working full-time right now, or if my meal planning system is in a temporary funk?


Here is how I am going to play...I am going to shop from the pantry first. If there is any possible meal that can be put together with the food that we already have here, it will be used first. I will be prepared to buy fresh fruit, veggies, meat etc. but our freezer has A TON of stuff as well!!


Wouldn't it be nice to find that our grocery budget could rest for a week by using what we already have?


I'm not sure what our menu for next week will be, but I know that we have lasagne noodles, sphagetti noodles, and numerous cans of tomatoes!!


This will be interesting!!

No comments: