story fam

story fam

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Simple Sunday treat

Now that we are gearing up for the hectic holiday season, I wanted to share the EASIEST recipe (courtesy of my neighbor Maria) for a Pumpkin Spice Muffin that is super yummy!!!! My kids ask for these constantly!! They make a delicious breakfast muffin, pack well for a lunch time treat, and serve as a great afternoon snack. When you see the ingredient list, you won't believe that something so easy WILL taste so good!!!





Pumpkin Spice Muffins


Ingredients:

1 small can of pure pumpkin
1 box of Spice cake mix
1 cup of water

Baking directions:

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix the above ingredients in a big bowl
3. Spray your muffin liners with Pam and then fill each muffin liner approximately 3/4 full
4. Bake for about 20 minutes (I use the tooth pick test-if it comes out clean, the muffins are done)
5. I let them set about 5 minutes before serving, BUT I have eaten them immediately after pulling them from the oven because they are just that good!!




Here is the finished product. I have also taken mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and sprinkled them on top of the muffins prior to baking. Another idea I've contemplated is adding a small amount of sweet potato baby food to the mix-this would boost the nutritional value and wouldn't change the color or taste of the muffin.






I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!!!

No comments: