story fam

story fam

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Dinner Time

I am trying to navigate dinner time with a positive attitude. Nothing brings me to my knees quicker than hearing, "Eeew" or "ick" after I have prepared a decent meal. My New Year's resolution was to make at least one new meal per week from this great cook book I got as a gift-Cheap, Fast, Good-I highly recommend it! I met the goal for about 3 months and after much resistance from little people I fell back into the dinner rut. Right now I am serving the following rotation that will last about 2 weeks: meatloaf, chicken pesto, sphagetti w/meatballs, pizza, nuggets, turkey, grilled cheese, tortellini, and breakfast night. Of course Derek and I are sick of eating the same things over and over but to keep peace we do.
Since fall is fast approaching, I am thinking of getting out my cookbook again to try some new things. I am open to any suggestions-please remember that I do NOT have children who will eat fish, mixed veggies, or any nontraditional food item.
And to think that I made homemade baby food for Peris when she was little...now it is processed food city!!!

No comments: