story fam

story fam

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter 2012







Easter at the Story house was lovely this year. Peris and I served at the 8 a.m. service to start the day off right. We returned at 11:30 for church and it was very moving. Anytime I hear "How Great Thou Art" ,I know it is going to be a good day.

The theme for my day was recognition-seeing God in the big and the small. As I looked at our worn, little Easter baskets I was reminded that time is marching on-not only are the baskets older but so are the kids. My heart overflowed as I thought of Easter's past-bubbles, play-doh, sidewalk chalk. I thought of how Derek and I are much different parents today then we were in those days. How we have been blessed with the opportunity to start fresh-to be resurrected into better parents through tremendous grace. Our day was spent finding eggs full of candy, laughter, and a meal-but it was so much more. It was the recognition that every day we are given a fresh start. If we acknowledge or seek the grace that is afforded to us then we will find it. What a beautiful day.




No comments: