story fam

story fam

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Peris




I'm not sure starting school was the best birthday gift, but we started the day off traditionally! Which means that Peris' door was festooned with streamers that she walked through to start her celebration. Before enjoying a breakfast of donuts, she got to open up her gifts. This year she was dying for some cool Playmobile stuff-the house and a few additional sets. She also wanted a Webkinz to keep her account alive.
We finished off her day with her dinner of choice: homemade pizza.
Now for some Mom sentimental business.....I cannot believe that Peris is 11! I can clearly remember the day she was born! At 3:23 pm looking down at her and realizing in an instant that my life would never be the same. Looking deep into those dark eyes and embracing the new role I was taking on. My life was changed in that moment. Now eleven years later I look into her eyes and realize how much she is still causing me to change. To dig deep into my own emotional reserve. To be strong for her when I want to be weak. To have a fresh perspective on what it is like to be a tween. To continue to love her with a fierceness that still shocks me.
Happy birthday sweetie. I pray that this year you see how much value you hold in my eyes and in the eyes of your heavenly Father who loves you more than I can even imagine.
You are a precious gift. Beautiful. Generous. Kind. Giving.


No comments: