story fam

story fam

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day/Derek's 36th Birthday

My crown and my 5 babies...yep, I was Queen for the day!



Poor Derek....he has to share his birthday with Mother's Day. It doesn't happen very often (every 4 years he pointed out) but when it does we are left wondering who is in charge of our brood? Which event trumps the other? Should the birthday boy get the day off? Or should Mommy win? Regardless, we both celebrated together and each had a great day. Derek got new shoes, shirts, and ties for his birthday while I got 2 new webkinz and a shirt that reads MOM5 (Mom to the 5th power-awesome isn't it?? Derek had it made for me!!!). I was going to share what being a Mom means to me, but let's just leave it at this......I am the luckiest woman on this planet. I have 5 lovely kids who, regardless of my flawed nature, love me. I am blessed with kisses, hugs, laundry, meals to prepare, concerts to attend, manners to repeatedly reteach, jokes to laugh at, hair to smell, and an abundance of "Mom....I love you" to hear. I have to admit it, I love being a Mom.

No comments: