WOW!! I have a lot of zucchini!!! I sent some with Derek to work and STILL have more than enough here at home!! What's a girl to do with all of this green stuff?? Here are two really good/easy recipe's to try if you are overwhelmed with this piece of produce too:
Zucchini Bread (adapted from 100 Days of Real Food)
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour (pastry flour does make this a lighter bread)
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon (I throw in a lot because it's yummy!!)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c unsweetened applesauce (this replaces oil and works beautifully at keeping the bread nice and moist!!)
- 3/4 c honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 c grated zucchini (to be honest I used A LOT of grated zucchini to use up my produce!)
- 1 c chopped nuts (optional-I didn't use them)
- Preheat oven to 325
- Blend all dry ingredients in a big bowl
- Make a well in the center (a hole) and pour in the eggs, applesauce, honey, and vanilla. Stir just to mix-don't over do it!!
- Fold in the grated zucchini and chopped nuts if using
- Pour into a greased loaf pan(s) or muffin holders and bake until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Bake loaf for approximately 50 min
- Bake muffins for approximately 20-25 min
- Baking time depends on the heat of YOUR oven
Left overs can be frozen!!
P.S.-you can add semi-sweet chocolate chips to this and be someones hero:)
Broiled zucchini bites with Parmesan cheese
- Zucchini halved and sliced
- Fresh Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top
- Turn broiler on
- Half and slice zucchini into small round pieces
- Place on cookie sheet lined with foil
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of each
- Broil until cheese is brown and melty
Yes, it is that easy AND it is super yummy!!!!!!!!!
There you go, two easy possibilities to use up those zucchini that seem to multiply overnight!!!!!