story fam

story fam

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pin it!

So maybe you don't have this problem, but my kids share towels. If it's within arms reach it's fair game. This grosses me out!! I have tried various methods of keeping one towel to one child and nothing has seemed to work. My awesome friend Danielle suggested that I use little plastic clips on each towel as a visual reminder that each person has their OWN towel to use!! We took a quick trip to our local grocery and found the clips, but they were a little bit more expensive that I wanted to spend. We then went down the laundry aisle and agreed that wooden clothes pins would work just as nicely. Below is what I did to make these super easy (and very non-creative) towels markers...don't you want to know if it worked?????

Scroll down to find out!!!



Supplies: wooden clothes pins + a black sharpie

total cost: $3 (I already had the sharpie) - I'll be using the leftover pins

for a much cooler craft to be done at a later date!!



Easy- now I did try to "color code" the pins but the marker didn't really work, so I left the rest plain.





Side note: my handy husband took 2 old pieces of trim and screwed in 5 coat hangers to make a DIY towel hanger in our bathroom. It is the easiest way to hang up our towels-the problem is keep one towel to one child!!




Close up of the finished pin-super simple!!




- The final result-

**Please note that these towels all look the same and I am aware of this!! See what I have to work with**






I am HAPPY to report that the clothespin experiment has been successful!! The kids actually LOVE using them!! What an easy, cheap solution!!!!









No comments: