story fam

story fam

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hoop wall art







I picked up this idea on Pinterest-it is an easy and affordable way to make unique wall art for a room using really simple items!!






Materials needed:




1. Fabric in assorted colors and patterns (The largest yardage that I got was 1/2 yd for the owl fabric; for the rest, the store clerk measured each piece based on the hoop size that I purchased)


2. Various sized cross stitch hoops


3. Scissors



Here are the fabric swatches I chose:







Create:


Separate the hoop that you are using (notice that I found a really cool oval hoop for the owl fabric) and place one pattern of fabric inside. Stretch it nice and tight so that when you place the top hoop back on it doesn't ripple



Cut the excess fabric from around the hoop-now the more I thought about this, I thought that leaving some fabric ruffled would've been super cute as well.



The finished project is at the top-the cost?? 16 dollars!! The girls chose how to arrange the hoops which made it part of the fun for them. I was going to place them differently when my 7 year old pointed out that it was their room. You can do this with more hoops for a cool look as well!! My friend Danielle used more hoops with really cool grown up fabric for a gorgeous look!!


We love it!!!!!












No comments: