story fam

story fam

Thursday, January 7, 2010

2009 Wrap Up

I can't believe that 2009 is over. It really did fly by!! So much happened!! We got a dog, lost our cat, enjoyed "swinter" (you know the summer vacation that never saw true Midwestern summer like temperatures), sent our baby off to kindergarten and our oldest off to middle school (sniffle sniffle), endured..oops, I mean enjoyed multiple school and extra-curricular activities, I started subbing, and then the holiday came and went in the blink of an eye.

We did get to cross off almost all of our Bucket List items from 2009-the only one we didn't get to was eating at Cracker Barrel, and for some of you that is a check list item well missed. I on the other hand would vote to relist that on our items to do for 2010!!!

I met my personal goal of reading 50 books and actually read 54!! Hooray for me!! Out of my list my top 3 picks to suggest for you to read this year are:

1. The Kite Runner
2. A Thousand Splendid Suns
3. The Doctor's Wife

I don't think that any of these reads would disappoint!!

So much more to do, see, enjoy this year.

Here's to a new year of good health, cherishing the moments, slowing down, adapting to change, and focusing on those things in my circle of influence!!

No comments: